Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 8-10 caps of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- ¼ of chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ lemon
- Optional: you can add a stalk of chopped celery or a stick of chopped carrot if desire
- In a blender or food processor, puree 4 caps of sliced mushrooms and the onions.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat; add the remaining sliced mushrooms and thyme (optional celery and carrots), sauté for about 10 minutes. Add in the puree mixture and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, cream, salt and pepper. Stir constantly, bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Correct seasoning if needed, serve with lemon wedges.